Hopewell Borough Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Most people that receive a traffic ticket in Hopewell Borough think that simply paying the violation will make it go away. However, paying a summons without fighting the charge is effectively the same as a conviction, which can result in fines, surcharges, increased insurance rates and even a driver’s license suspension. All moving violations also result in motor vehicle points that can lead to you losing your driving privileges if you accumulate 12 or more. Some motor vehicle charges are even so serious that you can be sentenced to jail.
Every traffic ticket or summons issued in Hopewell Borough is directed to its municipal court for resolution. If you are scheduled to appear in Hopewell Borough municipal court, you should seriously consider hiring an experienced traffic ticket lawyer. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall know New Jersey motor vehicle statutes in depth as former municipal prosecutors with over a century of combined of experience. Call us at (609) 683-8102 before your driving record is tarnished any further. Contact us for a free initial consultation anytime day or night to speak to an attorney immediately.Traffic Violations in Hopewell Borough New Jersey
When it comes to traffic tickets in Hopewell Borough, New Jersey, almost all are moving violations. While there are a wide variety of potential traffic violations under New Jersey Traffic Code that can arise in the borough municipal court, the more common offenses are:
- Driving While On A Suspended License. If your driver’s license has been suspended then you have lost your driving privileges in the state of New Jersey. But that does not stop some people from driving while on a suspended license. If you are stopped by law enforcement and do not have a valid driver’s license you will be issued a ticket. The penalties associated with this type of ticket include the payment of the fine, and if you are a repeat offender you could potentially go to jail.
- Driving Without Insurance. When you are caught by law enforcement in New Jersey driving without motor vehicle liability insurance coverage you will be issued a citation. Additional penalties can include payment of a fine, a community service requirement, mandatory driver’s license suspension of up to one year, payment of Department of Motor Vehicle surcharges of $250 for a period of three years, and court fees.
- Speeding. The severity of a speeding ticket depends on how many miles per hour over the posted speed limit you were going when you are caught by law enforcement. A conviction on a speeding ticket will result in points being added to your driving record.
- Careless Driving. Careless driving is one of the most common traffic violations that is heard at Municipal Court. When a driver acts negligently behind the wheel, law enforcement is likely to issue a careless driving ticket.
- Reckless Driving. Tickets for reckless driving are usually issued when someone exceeds the speed limit by so much that the officer issuing the ticket believes the driver was reckless in the operation of the vehicle. A reckless driving conviction will result in points being added to your driving record.
- Leaving The Scene of An Accident. Leaving the scene of an accident is a major traffic violation that carries serious penalties if you are convicted. Jail time, a hefty fine, and a driver’s license suspension are all common consequences of a conviction for leaving the scene.
Receiving a traffic summons might not seem like a big deal but there are many consequences if you fail to challenge the violation. Most traffic tickets result in numerous monetary ramifications (e.g. fines, surcharges, etc.) and more serious one can put your driver’s license in jeopardy. It is certainly in your best interests to consult a skilled traffic attorney before you make the wrong move. The lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall have the know how to thorough discuss your options so that an informed decision is made before you make your next move. Call 609–683–8102 to speak to a lawyer immediately.